- Ok, wtf is up with the neck bleeding? And why is it slowly getting worse, from the minor scratch in episode 1? This is obviously the connection to the Flash Sideways, but what exactly is happening? We’ve only seen it on Jack, and I’m writing this after watching the whole episode, so I might as well assume that it’s directly related to Jack becoming The Candidate. What’s going to happen to him as a result of becoming The Candidate in the Flash Sideways though?
- Why was Jacob in kid form? Was there ANY reason why that needed to happen? Surely the writers still didn’t think it was a mystery to anyone, so, what gives? Seemed completely unnecessary to me, considering Hugo is pretty much looking for Jacob every second anyway.
- So it was Widmore that rigged the explosives on the plane. How did MiB know to pick up a wrist watch and use it as a timer? o_O
- Oh, Richard, you’ve only been on The Island a couple of hundred years, what else did you expect to happen except get tossed aside? Maybe MiB knew Richard was a lost cause, but since they showed no body, he’s probably still alive
- “He’s hiding in my closet”
- “We insist; even if we have to kidnap you!” Lovin’ this dark humoured mirrored dialogue!
- Speaking of completely unnecessary, Zoe. Good. Lord. She didn’t die quick enough. They could have at least got someone hot to play her.
- No gripes with Widmore dying. He was an asshole, even if Jacob brought him here. Good for you, Benjamin! Michael Emerson got his groove back this episode
- Jacob made MiB the way he is. He knows that he’ll die, and that someone needs to take his place, hence the candidates. Why were these particular people picked? Because they’re like Jacob. They were alone, looking for something they couldn’t find in their current lives/existence. They needed The Island as much as It [he] needed them. That’s it, that’s the explanation for the names on the wall, the candidates, that’s it. I’m fine with that really. This season has pretty much hinted at all these things anyway.
- “I thought that guy had a God complex before” Amen, Sawyer.
- Why was Kate’s name crossed off? Because she became a mother. She found her calling/purpose; fair enough
- How can the new candidate kill MiB, if Jacob can’t?
- Where’s Desmond? It was just Sayid that helped him out of the well, wasn’t it?
- They’re going to a concert, outstanding! Any chance of a Michael Giacchino guest appearance?
- Desmond is a “last resort…a failsafe” because he can destroy The Island? How exactly? If Widmore and co. were setting up something at all the pockets of energy, surely that plan has failed now since they’re all dead? Is he going to blow up the Frozen Donkey Wheel?
- MiB keeps talking about “leaving” The Island, but it almost seems like he’s resigned to the fact that the only way he’s going to get his wish is if he leaves The Island through death
Bring on Monday, bring on the surprises, bring on the tears, and hopefully, bring on a quasi-satisfying conclusion, because you better believe this thing is ending, dammit!